Monday, September 22, 2008

Logo ReDesign- Final Revised


It's always good to get the opinions of other before finalizing a design- sometimes your eyes just get lazy and can't see things that an outside observer can easily spot. That luckily happened during our final critique- so I made some key changes to my final logo design. The group pointed out that no matter the scale of the logo, the words "City of" were simply too small, as well as simply unnecessary. They also felt that adding the word "Wisconsin" to the logo would be an improvement, and I completely agree. There is, after all, more than one Madison in the United States. Adding the name of the state seems so obvious now, but it didn't even cross my mind during my design process. I guess that's why they say two heads, or in this case, a dozen, are better than one!

2 comments:

Angela Wang said...

Love the changes! Way to be open to suggestions, even after you had 'finalized' your design.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy how you changed it from CITY OF madison to just Madison Wisconsin! Fits better and will also reduce a lot better as well :)

I am from Wisconsin and my sister went to Wisconsin for her college degree and I just gotta say! This really captures the essence of the town! Well done!