Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Company Design- Logo Final Revised


After today's logo critique I decided to make some small adjustments to my logo. If you have any thoughts on the changes, please let me know.

First off, I made the G the same height as the other letters. After I shrank the letter to match, I beefed up the stroke so it matches the other letters. I think the word "Green" now flows much better, and fits better under the flat bottom of the "B". This allowed me to make "Green" a little bigger, so hopefully it stands out more than it did before.

Also, when I zoomed in really close I noticed that the top and bottom of the "B" bowed outwards. I'm sure this works when the letter is being used normally, but when it's used as a large icon, it looked strange. So I flattened out the bottom and top. 

As Ange suggested, I also took the word "Green" out of the small logo. Now it's a monogram with just "B." 

Lastly, I opened up the spacing around the words just a little, giving the letters more breathing room as Claire suggested.

Thanks for all the great feedback today guys! Those little suggestions end up making a big difference. It's all about details!




2 comments:

Angela Wang said...

Excellent changes. You are right– the strength is in the details.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy how you made the "G" smaller. it makes the whole composition easier on the eye, without the unequal spacing of the heights of the letters.

I also agree that taking out GREEN in the reduced size was a good choice.

Looks very clean, respectable, and prestigious greening service :)