Monday, October 27, 2008

Company Design- Standards Manual Example


Hey everybody- here's an example of a standards manual I found. It's for a company called "Igloo".

I found many standards manuals on-line and the vast majority were for Universities- I'm not really sure why. Maybe Universities aren't so hush-hush with their logos? A lot of the University manuals, along with a good number of the other ones I came across, we pretty lacking in personality. They were well structured, organized and clear, but they didn't visually communicate the personality or values of the organizations. I thought this manual for Igloo had the most personality and life of any of the examples I found. I really want to focus on having my manual speak to the values and personality of B. Green. Even though the manual is for professionals, not customers, it should still communicate the same things about B. Green that any promotional piece would. So that's why I picked the Igloo style manual- because they kept their brand personality strong within it.

1 comment:

Angela Wang said...

That is a great example, nice and clear but still with some personality.