Monday, September 15, 2008

Logo ReDesign- In Progess

After answering the questions from my last post, I began to narrow down the imagery, ideas and style I wanted to incorporate into the new logo. I created a style board which features images of Madison landmarks & icons.

I included text and images created a Frank Lloyd Wright because his architecture is well-known and iconic in Madison (the Monona Terrace, First Unitarian Meeting House, and several residential homes), and Wright himself has become a kind of local hero. 

I also included images of the locally famous Memorial Union Terrace chairs, which have long been strong and widely recognized Madison icons. 

Of course, images of the capitol dome are also included because, let's face it, that really needs to be in the logo. No way around it. It's the strongest Madison icon and the fact that this logo is for the official City of Madison, it's simply just necessary. An official Madison logo without the capitol would be like an Nike product without the swoosh. 

I've posted the board here- feel free to take a look!




1 comment:

Angela Wang said...

Great mood board – your research definitely informed your design and made it much better than had you simply relied on "knowing" Madison and not diving deeper into getting to know it on this sort of level. Nice job.